Search our content

Home  /  Arriving/Leaving  /  International  /  Medical

Medical care for service personnel and national health (nhs) for dependants

Service Personnel

Service Personnel should register with the Innsworth Medical and Dental Centres, at Imjin Barracks, for all medical and dental care.  

In the Pre-Arrivals Guide there is a letter of introduction and a new arrivals questionnaire, from the Innsworth Medical Centre. Please give the letter to your own doctor before you come to the unit.  Please complete the questionnaire and give to the Medical Centre on your arrival.

The contact details for the Medical and Dental Centre are below: 

Medical Centre Reception:      +44 (0) 1452 712612 ext. 5999

Dental Centre Reception:         +44 (0) 1452 712612 ext. 5920

Spouse/Civil Partners and Dependents

On arrival in the UK, Participating Nation (PN) spouse/civil partner and dependants are highly recommended to register with the National Health Service (NHS). The use of the NHS is not mandatory and is a National/personal choice. Please contact your Senior National Representative (SNR) if you have any queries regarding your Nation's preference to health care provision. 

Members of HM Forces (and other military personnel, including NATO personnel and their dependants) based in the UK are entitled to the full use of NHS facilities on the same basis as civilians if appropriate military healthcare provision is not available.

NB:  Do ensure that vaccination history of your spouse/civil partner and dependants is brought with them, to provide to the surgery. A childs vaccination history is essential, translated if possible.

To register, a spouse/civil partner and dependants should contact a Doctor's Surgery nearest to their  Service Family Accommodation (SFA) address or private address. To find the nearest surgery look on the website –

First telephone the surgery and the reception staff will explain their registration process. A spouse/civil partner and dependants will need to complete an information/health form, as relevant to the surgery. Further information and the forms are available on the surgery's website. Your spouse/civil partner and dependants will need to provide proof of identity and address. Check with the surgery for the documents they require as proof.

Dental Practices

A dental practice can be either NHS or private (where you pay for treatment). To find a dental practice in the area, look on - 

NHS 111 Service

111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It is easy and free to use. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It can be contacted for both medical and dental needs. 

Search our content:


Allied Rapid Reaction Corps
Imjin Barracks
United Kingdom

Welfare Office

Office Opening Time:
Monday - Thursday 0830-1630
Friday 0830-1400
+44 (0)1452 362550