Opening a uk Bank Account
There are different procedures for setting up a bank account in the UK, depending on which bank you choose. A status letter from the PN Policy Officer (PN PO)/PN Policy Support Officer (PNPSO) should be sufficient evidence of a UK address.
All request for status letters to support applications for bank accounts should be sent to the PN PO/PNPSO by email, with the following information;
- a legible copy of the person's passport bio page
- the name and address of the bank
Details of the Service Person:
- full name and rank
- date of birth
- UK residential address and the date it comes into effect (if moving into the mess, provide the exact date)
- previous residential address (required for Nat West bank only)
- Parent Nation Tax Number (this detail is essential)
- HQ ARRC assignment dates
Points to Note:
- For continents with a National Support Element (NSE) - US, Italy, Germany, Denmark, please check as they may be able to assist you with this process.
- You will be notified when to collect the letter. Please allow up to 5 working days for the letter to be produced.
- Please collect status letter for a bank account in person, from the PN Policy Cell, (Room S67, 2nd Floor, Bldg 255).
- Please remember to inform the PN PO of the date and approximate time you are going to the bank. The reason for this is some banks contact the PN PO to verify that the individual opening the account is employed to HQ ARRC.
Opening a Joint Bank Account
If you want to open a joint account with your spouse/civil partner, you will usually be asked to provide the following evidence to the bank:
- photographic ID (Passport or Identity Card)
- proof of spouse/civil partner's residence address in the UK, (utility bill, internet service, home insurance policy). The document must be in joint names or in the name of your spouse/civil partner.
For further information or assistance with any of the above details, contact the PNPO/PNPSO.